Respect the GeoReader Community
We're not asking for the kind of respect reserved for nuns, deities and founding fathers. We mean don't abuse the site. Every cool new community feature on GeoReader involves a certain level of trust. We trust you to be responsible, and millions of users respect that trust. Please be one of them.
When used in vehicles, it is the sole responsibility of the driver to operate the vehicle in a safe manner, maintain a full surveillance of all driving conditions at all times, and not become distracted by the GeoReader application, its content or message. Failure by the driver to pay full attention to the operation of the vehicle and road conditions while the vehicle is in motion could result in an accident
Don't be a troublemaker
Here are some common-sense rules that will help you steer clear of trouble:
- GeoReader is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your talking point, even if it's about yourself, don't post it on GeoReader.
- Don't post Talking Points talking about bad stuff like animal abuse, drug abuse, under-age drinking and smoking, or bomb making. Assume your Mother will hear what you write.
- Talking points describing graphic or gratuitous violence are not allowed. If your talking point threatens someone or something, don't post it here.
- The GeoReader App is not a shock application but rather a method of sharing interesting information to others. Don't post talking points about things intended to shock or disgust.
- Respect copyrighted material. Get permission if necessary. If you feel something is a violation of copyrighted material then please send information containing the id # of the talking point to email@example.com with Copyright in the subject line.
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).
- Everyone hates nonsense and wasted time. Don’t create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase listens. If you wish to post to the public database, make sure your information is sensible and well written. On the public database, It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including private messages.
- If you can avoid placing your talking point near an existing point then please do so. It will avoid confusion. Approved Historical markers and paid advertisement have highest priority messages in case of any the need to order unread talking point arises.
- Private Talking points are your responsibility and GeoReader cannot be held responsible for their content. Even so please use this feature with respect for others.
- If you wish to advertise your business or an event, please use the Advertising process. Unauthorized Solicitations will be deleted or modified in a way that you will not be happy with.
Please take these rules seriously and take them to heart. Don't try to look for loopholes or try to lawyer your way around the guidelines—just understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created.
We Enforce These Guidelines
Georeader staff review flagged videos 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate our Community Guidelines. When they do, we remove them. Sometimes a talking point doesn’t violate our Community Guidelines, but may not be appropriate for everyone. We reserve to right to make that decision at all times and our decision is final. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination. If your account is terminated, you won’t be allowed to create any new accounts.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless GeoReader, its parent corporation, developers, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the GeoReader under the Terms; (ii) your violation of any term of the Terms; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; (iv) any claim from any third party relating to or arising from the use of the GeoReader Application; or (v) any claim that the GeoReader violates any law, rule or regulation. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive the Terms and your use of the GeoReader Services.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF GEOREADER SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. GEOREADER SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GEOREADER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM GEOREADER OR ITS AFFILIATES OR THROUGH OR FROM USE OF GEOREADER’S SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL GEOREADER, ITS PARENT CORPORATION, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (i) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (ii) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF GEOREADER SERVICES, (iii) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (iv) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM GEOREADER, (v) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (vi) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH ENTITY OR PERSON IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION
You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes. You agree not to take any action that might compromise the security of the website, render the website inaccessible to others or otherwise damage the website or the Materials. You agree not to add to, subtract from or otherwise modify the Materials, or attempt to access any Materials that are not intended for you. You agree not to use the website in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties.
Much of the information on the Site is updated on a real time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to GeoReadedr by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (a) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; or (b) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site.